Journalists Murdered For Their Trade Nearly Doubles In 2018, Report Says

US Included on List of Deadliest Countries for Journalists

Oh, Please: U.S. Added To List Of Most Dangerous Countries For Journalists

President Donald Trump says the USA will not levy additional punitive measures at this time against Saudi Arabia over the killing of Jamal Khashoggi.

The number of journalists killed worldwide for their work almost doubled this year.

Afghanistan was the most unsafe country for journalists, with 15 killed including AFP's Shah Marai, followed by Syria with 11 deaths and Mexico with nine.

In total, 53 deaths were registered from January 1 to December 15 this year, as compared to 47 in 2017 and 50 in 2016.

Vladimir Putin's chilling warning on nuclear threat
Russian President Vladimir Putin listens during annual news conference in Moscow , Russia December 20, 2018. On the economy, Putin hailed another year of Russian growth after a previous period of stagnation.

FILE - In this November 16, 2018 file photo, members of Arab-Turkish Media Association and friends of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi hold posters showing images of Saudi Crown Prince Muhammed bin Salman and of Khashoggi. His Oct. 2 death inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul has reverberated on the global political scene amid allegations that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was involved. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very hard decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. In what was billed as his definitive statement on the case, President Donald Trump on November 20 said-referring to the crown prince's alleged role-"maybe he did and maybe he didn't!" and that "in any case", the U.S. 49 of these journalists, that constitutes up to 61%, were murdered or deliberately targeted, while the rest of them, i.e. 31 journalists (39%) were killed while they were on field reporting.

"The United States joined the ranks of the world's deadliest countries for the media this year, with a total of six journalists killed", the group reports.

More journalists were killed, abused and subjected to violence in 2018 than in any other year on record, with those in the profession facing an "unprecedented level of hostility", a new report has found. It was the deadliest attack on a media outlet in the U.S. in modern history. Angry about a 2011 article, a man with a shotgun killed journalists Rob Hiaasen, Gerald Fischman, John McNamara and Wendi Winters (along with sales assistant Rebecca Smith).

In addition, the committee said the imprisonment of journalists has been on the rise.

This could be Samsung's answer to Google's 'Night Sight' and OnePlus' 'Nightscape'
It features the world's very first smartphone quad camera , with each one suited and created to help you form the flawless shot. Few reports suggest that Samsung will be calling this feature as Bright Night as found in the One UI code for Android Pie beta.

Reporters Without Borders would doubtless say their objective is to chronicle the dangers of the journalistic profession, so they must include deaths by misadventure and random criminal attacks.

The report also deals with the situation in Saudi Arabia and the assassination of the saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Kashoggi. Past year in Malta, Daphne Caruana Galizia, on a similar mission, was killed by a bomb placed in her vehicle. For instance, Reporters Without Borders included the two journalists who died covering the storm.

Buttressing his point, the report noted that three of the countries - the United States, Mexico and India - are not at war yet still managed to make the list alongside three countries mired in conflict. If deranged murderer Jarrod Ramos, a longtime paranoid convinced the entire world was out to get him, had not made a decision to open fire on people he had been stalking and harassing since 2011, no journalists would have died in the United States at all. However, the drop may be due to limited access or extreme risks that discourage media visits, the committee said.

Andros Townsend scores stunner as Crystal Palace shock Manchester City
No one could have predicted what was to come when Ilkay Gundogan gave second-placed City a 27th-minute lead. Townsend's header hits the post and Walker slides in on Meyer and the ref points to the spot.

Latest News