Saudi air defence intercepted on Friday a ballistic missile shot towards border city Najran, Al Arabiya local news reported.
The military coalition of Sunni allies led by Saudi Arabia has carried out an overnight strike on the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, killing at least 38 Houthi rebels, including two of their commanders, Saudi media said Saturday.
The Yemen security department said in a statement on its official website on Facebook that Al-Bakhshi refused to surrender and fired on the security forces which resulted in the death of a soldier and injuries to two others from the Yemeni anti-terrorism forces.
Al-Arabiya said the strike hit a building belonging to Yemen's Interior Ministry.
Top officials in the Houthi government attended the funeral proceedings, including Mahdi al-Mashat, who was appointed to replace al-Samad.Читайте также: How To Watch The 2018 White House Correspondents' Dinner
Colonel Turki Al Maliki, the spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen, said the missile had been launched to target civilian and populated areas.
Saudi Arabia backs Yemen's internationally recognized government and aims to defeat the Iran-backed Houthis to restore the government led by Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, which was forced into exile by the rebels back in 2015.
The Houthis have previously fired missiles targeting the Saudi mainland, including the capital, Riyadh. They see themselves as retaliating against heavy Saudi-led airstrikes in parts of Yemen.
The kingdom's devastating air campaign repeatedly has struck markets, medical facilities and civilian targets, drawing global criticism.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог