Lashkar-e-Islam Chief Abdul Qayoom Najar shot dead by security forces

Qayoom Najar Abdul Qayoom Najar lashkar e islam uri baramulla Qayoom Najjar Hizbul mujahideen terrorism Indian army

Major victory over terror

Abdul Qayoom Najar, a top commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen, was killed in an encounter with the security forces in Jammu & Kashmir's Uri sector near the Line of Control (LoC) on Tuesday.

Baramulla: The search operation in Uri is still continuing after prominent militant Abdul Qayoom Najar was killed in a gunfight along the LoC in Zamboorpatan area on Tuesday.

He said a detailed search operation was conducted of the area this morning during which militant's body was recovered along with arms and ammunition including some IEDs.

Najar fell out with Hizb-ul-Mujahideen in 2003 and formed his own outfit Lashkar-e-Islam. He was carrying a bounty of 10 lakhs on his head. The man behind this new outfit was Najar.

Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees 'anytime', Suu Kei tells Nikkei
Most refugees are living in overcrowded refugee camps in Bangladesh , living off small aid packages from sympathetic locals and aid agencies.

"Though he had developed differences with HM but those differences were for media and public consumption just to fool them". The flashpoint came in May 2015, sources said, when Najar and his associate Imtiyaz Kundoo threatened mobile operators in Sopore town and started killing people, including local Hurriyat leader Sheikh Altaf ur Rehman.

According to a senior police official, it was a big success for the security forces for the security forces as Najar was wanted for his alleged involvement in more than 50 killings, including that of policemen in Hygam area of Sopore in the state. He was involved in several incidents involving IED explosions. Neutralising him would have been very hard as he was already heading a huge network in Sopore, Palhallan, Pattan, Handwara areas of Bandipora and Baramulla.

Defence Ministry sources said the Army also foiled an attack by the Pakistani Border Action Team (BAT) in Kupwara in the afternoon. After that, he was recalled to the base camp in Muzaffarabad in September 2015 where he stayed with Syed Sallahudin. "For years he kept a low profile and mostly stayed in Sopore during that time", a police officer posted at Sopore at the time said.

Reportedly, the 43-year-old militant commander of Hizbul-Mujahideen was sent to the valley on the orders of the United Jihad Council chief, Salahuddin, to take over the reins of Hizbul-Mujahideen after the underground outfit suffered a major setback in Kashmir with two of its top commander, Javid in north Kashmir and Yasin Yatoo in south Kashmir, killed in different encounters with security forces in August alone.

NFL Week 3 ratings up 4 percent on CBS
Seven total games on Sunday were decided by one score, one went into overtime and one ended on a game-winning 61-yard field goal. During the speech he said any player who protests racism by kneeling during the national anthem is a 'son of a b****'.

His return became imperative for the Hizb as it had been stamped out of north Kashmir, the police said.

Najar was believed to be in his early 40s. In an interview with Firstpost in 2015, Najar's father had said that it was a fight between a neighbour and his son which forced him to join militants again in 2005, after police tried to arrest him in the case filed by a women. After his release, Najar recycled into the militancy in 1995.

"He was one of the smartest militants I have known in my eighteen years of service".

The security forces initially suspected that an unidentified foreign militant was killed in a routine infiltration attempt, but subsequent investigations found that the slain militant was Najar.

Russian airstrikes kill 45 pro-ceasefire Syrian rebels
The SDF, an alliance of Kurdish and Arab fighters, captured the Conoco plant in eastern Syria's Deir Ezzor province on Saturday. Counter-Islamic State coalition spokesman U.S.

Latest News